View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 11:08 PM   #6607
northsouth15
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
more riding - this thing is such a fun urban adventure bike. It takes me everywhere the XR100 couldn't even touch...so now I use it on the way to the gym, to pickup milk, and even to drop off small amounts of laundry

I live in Long Beach California where all the speeds are 40mph and below..which is *just* fast enough to pass cars, but not too slow where you can't open her up

Finally got the wheel a little higher today (usually it's a 6"-1 foot off the ground...this time I started to shift the the center of gravity towards the rear) in 1st gear...for me all dirt bikes feel like wheelie machines, and this is no exception.

I read online from a review magazine, that they felt the rear brake was either lockup or nothing, but I was able to actuate it a little bit. As a matter of fact, it only locked on pavement when really started to mash it. Scrubbing the tires is definitely giving it more traction, but I don't imagine it's going to help at all off-road...

still need to change the petcock, oil, and maybe even consider getting bars without this weird enduro bend...

100 miles down...400 to go to start using more throttle!
northsouth15 is offline   Reply With Quote