View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 04:17 AM   #138
Desert Dave OP
Enjoying the moment

Oddometer: 2,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman View Post
.... I was thinking of heading up for an Ebbetts/Monitor/Sonora loop when I saw that 4 and 108 had opened, but I just couldn't handle the idea of dragging across the Bay Area and Valley for the second time in two weeks. I rode 50 and then Luther/Monitor passes two weeks ago and it looks like most of the little snow there was, is gone.
I remember living in the Bay Area and dreading the ride across the valley, especially in summer so I understand In fact when I moved to Tracy many of my riding friends asked why I moved so far from the good riding, what they don't realize is headed East I'm an hour away from the Sierra Foothills, and headed West just an hour or so away from the coastal redwoods, not really bad Still if I were you I'd consider getting up there in the next few weeks before Memorial day

Yes, Monitor just has small patches of snow left. Going to be dry this year. I guess the early opening makes up for the early closing last year in October. To bad we didn't get more snow in between.

Desert Dave is offline   Reply With Quote