View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #641
TuonoBiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00tertrash View Post
I think it is going to be the "Custom" version of the r1200r. Here is a pic and short write up I stumbled upon http://rideapart.com/2013/03/2014-bm...-custom/?gal=1

Cheers
I think that might be referring to the current 90th anniversary model that just hit the showrooms. It talks about it being air-cooled and whatnot. Maybe not though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
I heard from a very reliable source that the wet head Bobber was coming late this year, standard wet r1200r late 2014 after the wet RT.

I like the looks of that Custom, probably what he's talking about.
I rode a wet GS, horrible DS bike but got me very excited when thinking about that motor in a naked bike.
Would the Bobber and a "retro" model be similar, I wonder. I belive my dealer referred to it as a retro style...maybe along the lines of the Ducati classic's from around '07-'09...

I would totally dig that...a cool looking retro BMW boxer? Fo' shizzle! I need something smaller and lighter and still capable of taking the Mrs. to dinner on Friday night. The Street Glide is just losing its touch for me...There is always going to be a small place in my heart for the old 'merican v-twin, but I feel the need to move onward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Bug View Post

Not sure I care about the new motor being "wet," as I and many others have had very good luck with the boxer motor as is. What interests me is the clutch access in the front of the motor as opposed to the rear - of course requiring major surgery to replace (not sure why I worry about that though as I primarily ride long distance - maybe 90% of my mileage, so I don't have clutch issues when I only shift a few times in each 100 miles).
I agree. My '12 GSA is my first BMW and first boxer and I'm very pleased with the power. However, I would like a new modern feeling bike in an "old skool cool" package that is still fast. I don't need something fast like my Tuono Factory or a current Speed Triple (love me nekkid bikes!), but the new motor with 15 more ponies in an RxxxxR chassis sounds like an incredible compromise!!!
'07 Tuono Factory - gone but not forgotten
TuonoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote