Thread: Hacks-n-Pups
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #923
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
You also can't go wrong with one of hdFlame's Pooch Pads. Bryson loves his, and he's become a better rider because of it. It keeps him from sliding around in the tub, as well as keeping him comfy and level. Best part, Bobby can do it with detachable straps so you can pull it out and convert to a normal seat quickly, or in our case, throw the pooch pad in the tent for Bryson's bed. No affiliation, but with all the new pooches riding, I figured I'd throw this tidbit out there.
I've tried different types of foam in my Hannigan rig, but on the dirt roads and winter damaged pavement here in Vermont Barley was shaken up like a ball in a paint can. I discovered a memory foam dog bed at Orvis.com ($75 since it was a return with another dog's name on it) and it made a HUGE difference! Before, he was comfy...but not quite enough to sleep. Now, he stretches out and naps on those 14 hour days on the road.
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote