View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #17391
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
Actually, I think it has nothing whatsoever to do with any boxes or side cases...

It has to do with the centerstand, and you can readily check this yourself. The centerstand won't touch down while cornering before the footpeg on the right side, so it gets no curb-feeler button. However, on the left side the if the curb-feeler button wasn't mounted to the footpeg the centerstand arm would touch down while cornering long before the footpeg, meaning you would get no warning before the centerstand levered your rear wheel off the ground and sent you crashing off into the bushes. With the curb-feeler button the left-peg touches down before the centerstand, giving you a warning that hard parts will hit soon that can cause a crash.

You can easily see it yourself by simply leaning your S-10 over each way in the driveway.

Just FYI...

Dallara

~
Just passing on what I read. Maybe it is just a happy coincidence it works for both.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote