View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #2257
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post
It's an OK price if those are all the farkles you want, that setup is tedious (showing average price is $6K in my hood and NADA tends to be high IMHO). If they aren't, then I'd move on as there is a glut of pre-2012 650's out there on the cheap, at least in NY. 9.8K...30K, not much difference if basic maintenance was performed, but can shave a pretty penny off the asking price
Around here, I don't see them used very often. The listings I've seen lately seem like the price is in the ballpark...not a screaming bargain, but not sky high either. There's one listed a few hours away for less, but add on the stuff that's on this one, and I'd go past the asking price for this one. And I would have added almost all of the existing stuff that's on there, or a variation of it. The Jesse panniers are great...I would have likely gone with a lower-priced hard pannier, so the Jesse's are a bonus. Not as thrilled with the top box...I wouldn't have bought that particular one, but I do like top boxes for running around without the panniers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrjoyce2007 View Post
You can get a better deal. Just have patience. Or talk him down however you see fut. My .02

"4-wheels move the body, 2-wheels move the soul"
Thanks for the input. There will be bargaining...we'll see what happens.

'13 Yamaha Super Tenere - my dream bike
SOLD: '13 Wee-Strom, hacked, re-geared, Ohlins suspension
My Wee-Strom Hack
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote