Thread: Gymkhana
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #1119
TheWall
0 miles and counting

Oddometer: 163
The weather here in AK finally cleared up enough that I was able to spend a few minutes doing GP8 in the parking lot after work yesterday (Friday). Still running wide around the cones, and having a hard time gassing, then braking in the short space between tennis balls, but I'm starting to get better with the head-snap as I start the turn

It was cool reading about the police rodeo practice above and hearing how the cops were "like crazy close" to the tank; I was doing that, too. Maybe I'm starting to get a little better at this, lol!

@Vulfy, props for the growing interest there in NY! I'm still hoping for some interest here in my neighborhood (or to hook up with others here who are practicing in their own parking lots). The physical issues that kept my wife off of her bike last summer are clearing up, and she wants to spend some time practicing in a parking lot before hitting the streets on the new-to-her CB750, so maybe I can sneak a little gymkhana in without her realizing it

Out of curiosity, I'll be in the Seattle area later this summer...anyone practicing there?
TheWall is offline   Reply With Quote