View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #34
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,640
I am about as anti sportbike as you can get. I have owned 3. Last one was a semi sportbike, an EX500 Ninja, and the riding position was extremely painful. I sold it with very few miles. To me a sportbike is some kind of medieval torture device. No thanks. I don't have a size issue either, but my main bike has to be capable of cross country travel at freeway speeds. I love small scooters (to me, small is actually part of the definition of a scooter) but the big ones feel clumsy and awkward. They seem much wider than a motorcycle. And then there are the small wheels, which, on a small scooter work fine for me, but its a different matter on a large heavy bike at highway speeds. Given a choice between the Burgman 650, Silverwing, or CTX700N automatic, I think I would take the CTX. It is small, nimble, and easy to flat foot in parking lots, and has a very comfortable riding position. And hopefully valve adjustments would be easier, or less frequent.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is online now   Reply With Quote