View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #202
BadDogMax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Room210 View Post
My 2 cents, I have been waiting for this helmet to go on sale again so I could grab one at a low price. This weekend they went on sale again, so I raced out to snag one. When I got there, they only had two in xxl. (I wear an xxl HJC, but I have never been happy with the round fit) The first thing I noticed: this helmet runs small! I walked around the store with the helmet on for about 10 minutes and I couldn't take it anymore. It was super tight and I had a headache the rest of the night. The helmet looked great and the build was comparable to my HJC, but it was just too small. I ended up talking myself out of buying it, even though the sales guy said it will break-in with time.
Nice looking helmet though, and you sure can't beat the price.
Same experience for me. I normally wear L or XL, but even the XXL was uncomfortable on the Explorer. Features-wise it's the perfect helmet for me but I couldn't stand to have it on for 5 minutes in the store... there are pressure points in the XXL that annoy my head!

I've tried the XL and XXL's on at two different Cycle Gear stores and all were the same.

I had bought the Bilt Bluetooth helmet which was the 2011 Christmas $99 promotion, and it fit better but it has an unsolvable air leak at the shield. So I'm thinking about moving the very good Bluetooth unit from that helmet to a dual sport helmet.