View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #34
waybill OP
cheap thrill

Oddometer: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest View Post
Bill, can you give a general vicinity for some of the above, so i can dink around w/ Google Earth?

This stuff is right up my alley, CADS. On my next Gainesville run i'll have to set aside some ride time to find some of this good stuff

I did as much of the Bellamy Road as i could find back in 2006-- finding the oldest dirt/brick tracks possible is one of my favorite things to do on a bike.

Happy trails, CADS
I'll tell you exactly where it is, in a PM And some other stuff just like it that's closer to G'ville. Working on a new Trans-Fla. route and don't want to give it away just yet. I like old historical roads too, it took me a few years to tie all the Old Bellamy fragments together from St. A. to Ichetucknee and that's as far as I've gotten, if you've got anything west of there I'd like to know about it. There was an old Jacksonville to Tallahassee road and parts of it still exist but our tax dollars are busily paving it and others, plus there's the old brick stuff in East Palatka, but they run thru cabbage farms so they're probably ok.

1150Adv, 950Adv, 800GS, TR650, DR350
waybill is offline   Reply With Quote