View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #192
broncobowsher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
All I can say is, Rome wasn't built in a day, Bou didn't start riding trials in the past 5 years. all those "sayings" except the "if it was easy everyone would do it" that one is just wrong, there really isnt anything easier on a motorcycle, than learning to ride trials, on a getting to be less than a 150lb motocycle... Just sayin

Practice, practice, my padiwan, look for teachers of our sport, everyone wants to show you what they know, help out. make sure you practice and listen to the people that know the RIGHT WAY. once you get past the muscles your brain will apply it to everything trials, as long as we're doing it right to begin with.

It takes weeks per hour you have invested in doing it wrong, for a lot of people, and constant "for example" me bitching at them to stop it, LOL.
I understand. I strung the ribbon in a way I though would give me a little challenge and help in areas I need some help in. I thought the switchbacks up the walls of the creek would be a learning curve, they weren't. So I plan to tighten them up an make it a bit more challenging. I was pleasently surprised that I could ride better then I thought I could.

As for the dirt hill. I know what I need to pratice on when I go out riding with others. Get some advise, some demos. I know one (more) of the things I need to work on. I may not know how to do it now, but I know what I need to work on. My goal is to find an area that I have issues with, recreate it at home, figure it out, pratice until it is good, apply it to the section.

The last time I went out I found that the pratice of the tight turns on fairly flat ground was paying off great. Now to work on the rest of the riding.
broncobowsher is offline   Reply With Quote