View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #146
MariusD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 484
I'm sure both bikes (s10 and vstrom) are great if used for purpose that they are designed and intended for. Very often poeple buy a bike that's designed for a different purpose than the person's typical use, and that's where bashing and discrediting the bike starts and ends with a "for sale" sign not too long after. This is the mistake I saw some s10 owners making and wanted to avoid.

In my enviroment (city and tight suburb) the vstrom works great for me, and leaves nothing more to be desired. I have 1150 miles on it now, which is actually pretty amazing, considering that I was putting 3k miles a year on my other bike. I don't think twice about riding it, 7 days a week now, and i still have the stock seat on the vstrom. My other bikes use to wear me out by day 4 of regular communing.

The thing I like the best about this bike is that it doesn't remind me that it's there through some weird noise or vibrations or heavy weight constantly demanding attention. It just takes me where I want to go, without any drama, or any significant fatique, and that's what I think is important in a daily commuter bike.

MariusD screwed with this post 05-09-2013 at 02:35 PM
MariusD is offline   Reply With Quote