Thread: Is Mexico Safe?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #15682
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato View Post
Guero, have you being robed in Mexico ? it's your bike made of gold too?
Do you feel like everybody in Mexico wants you ? when you are there ? Do you see Mexico like something out of this world? are you so honest that you wouldn't bribe a transito?
Landed today at SAT customs didn't even check my bags went through immigration as american citizen and they asked me in broken Spanish if it was ropa all I had ... went Yes sir ....
No, I've never been robbed in Mexico in my 21 years of riding down there. I've had some minor shit stolen but nothing I really cared about. I'm not sure I understand your question about whether I think "everybody in Mexico wants" me. I wish some beautiful Mexicanas wanted me; that would be flattering. I do like my bike and don't want any cabrones trying to change its ownership but if I lost it I'd just get another one and shine on.
Is it dishonest to bribe a transito? I though it was just paying la multa. Do I see Mexico as "something out of this world," as in strange and otherworldly?
No, I see it as an interesting and soulful place with much natural beauty, incredible cuisine, great roads....etc. Saludos, Jim

jimmex screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 10:53 PM
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote