View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #2371
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stkmkt1 View Post
Guys. I have a new Hero 3 Black. If you purchase the new skeleton case, it has openings in the side so you can run external power to the gopro. With mine, I have a large battery, called a "Morphie" inside one of my jacket pockets. I run a cable from it up to the GoPro on top of my helmet. With arrangement, I can run the GoPro all day long and not worry about battery life. I know it may seem weird, but it really is not. I use the remote to turn the camera on/off and change setting as I ride.
I looked for a skeleton case on the GP website for the H3 but didn't see one, Are you talking about the frame . I considered it for ext power but the cam is too exposed for my use in the dirt, I've already replaced the lens cover on the supplied case due to a chip from a roost. I'd hate to expose a naked cam to the abuse the case gets, falls, trees etc... I'm thinking about drilling my stock case for a usb connection.

I checked out the Morphie, all day filming is great battery life. Which model are you using? I saw a 2500MAH and a 4000MAH, I'm getting about an hour per GP battery (1050MAH) I'd like to find something that will give me about 6hrs. We just finished a 3 day unsupported DS ride and I charged the batteries off the bike but it's slow and doesn't keep up with the filming. (3hrs to charge - 1 hr to deplete)
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote