View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #476
Secondtear
Secondtear

Oddometer: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpeebs38 View Post
Shouldn't be.... just might be once in a life time trip...

Hey love this thread and we are coming to CO in June maybe the 3rd week. Let me jump to the question. 4-6 guys we want to rent a home base in a town or out in the woods (that is the question, which one) where we can ride out of each day and see as much of the good stuff as possible.

Bikes: KTM 690 Endure or lighter...
Skill: I would like to think better then the avg Bear.
Physical shape: Most of us should come back alive.

Type of riding - Most of what I saw in this tread is perfect... Not looking for wide open gravel road but more challenging.

Here is the catch.... 2 people are driving out with trailer (from NC) and bikes while the rest of us fly into Denver (cheapest) or unless you guy say "Hey Clayton fly into telluride well worth it" Is this possible or a good idea in your books? My thought is if some whats to take a day off having a home base is the way to go... We have 7 days.

Finally I guess drive time from Denver to Lake City or Ouray (name the town) is a bit of a consideration as well as want to ride more and drive less:)

Thanks for your input!

Clayton
I rented a cool cabin in WhitePine which is just west of Monarch Pass. There's good rideing (Tomichi, Hancock, St elmo) out the front door and it's relatively accessible to places like Salida, Tincup, Pitkin, and even Crested Butte (about 60 or 70 miles, I think). If you google "Tomichi Cabin" you should find it.
Secondtear is offline   Reply With Quote