View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #4045
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Oddometer: 1,079
The Egg has been laid.

Right, so the guesses are spot on! I took the egg to Grayson Highlands State Park in VA. We hiked up to the Appalachian Trail, got the tent set up, hiked around, got some pics, and got back to the tent just as the rain started around 700pm.

You can see the rain coming to the right:

It rained all night long but stopped early this morning. Unfortunately, it started back just before dawn and I ended up braking camp in the rain. It was quite a bit colder than I anticipated but, thank the Lord, I had just enough gear and a warm down sleeping bag. I think I only got about two hours of sleep though...

So, here are the final pics of my time with the Egg. He is placed at the entrance to Grayson Highlands State Park on Hwy 58 in Virginia.

He is on the ground under this here tree in front of the park entrance.

He is under the back side of the tree.

He is hidden well, I had to hold the branches up to get the pic of him on the ground. He is accessible any time as he is outside the park. I would highly recommend you take some time to hike up above the tree line to see the wide vistas, wild ponies, and rock outcrops. It is fantastic.

I have enjoyed my second trip with Eggy and maybe, if he comes back, we'll have another Eggventure.

Now go get him!

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

My KTM 620 RXC & Where I Ride.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
kg4lho is offline   Reply With Quote