Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #28687
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 21,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
I dont know what sort of road dual pivots they are using, but my road bike brakes SUCK, and i paid decent money for em, dual pivot, upper middle range shimano.... My mtb discs however can stop me on a dime (and i would be laying on my back on top of the dime from the front flip induced by the brakes...LOL) so im not convinced with thier logic... I can skid my front tire on my mtb (a ritchey pro comp premonition in a 26x2.2 size) but i can barely break loose my 23c road tire on the back of my roadie....
The brakes on my mountain bike are phenomenally powerful compared to even the latest dual pivot SRAM Red brakes on my road bike. But I can go into a long skid on my mtb without falling off. On a road bike, my concern would be that locking up the front wheel would send me to the pavement before I even knew what was happening.
Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote