View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #35496
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by shep546 View Post
Utah how is your bike so clean? It looks brand new... not even any chain grease on your swingarm?

LOL do you ride it or just upgrade it?
I was wondering if anyone would ask this question :P. I had the rear tire and chain off, it would be sinful not to clean it up with such easy access.

Upon returning from my Utah/Arizona tour I did a 515 mile day which included 250ish on the interstate. Seems like every time I take a long trip, I think of ways to improve the bike, this time it was gearing. There are a number of 8,000' passes you have to do on the interstate, and I'd like to get over them going 75. Dropping down to 65 then shifting is not a fun option, what with all the passholes out there. I also wasn't super happy with the rubber and it is 3,000 miles old, so I'm doing it all in one fell swoop. I think I have replaced everything now, except the radiator guard. All that said, I've ridden 2,800 miles in the last 2 months :P

I've only gotten on the bike sporadically over the last week and a half. Looks like Thursday I should be able to get out, lot of snow up high still, I wonder about the roads - we'll see.

UtahFox screwed with this post 05-14-2013 at 11:38 AM
UtahFox is offline   Reply With Quote