Ride all over the Appalachians
The year: 2013 The date: June 16-22. The location: all over the Appalachians. The Adventure RAid is open to all riders on all brands of bikes, and all skill levels. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A BIG DOG TO HAVE A BIG TIME.
This event is fun, it is an excellent opportunity to learn, and a great way to make new friends.
"What's an Adventure RAid?"
It's an adventure event that starts ahead of and continues through the Blue Ridge-to-Biltmore rally in June.
How do you ride an Adventure RAid?
- You register for the BMW RA Rally
- You send me a PM or email with your contact info
- You get a scorebook a week ahead of the event
- You download adventuresome routes to ride on the way to the rally
- You meet up and camp on June 16 in GA, TN or VA
- You ride to Western NC and meet up with everyone
- You ride the Adventure Track and the rally
To win the Adventure RAid, you must be:
What's the schedule of events?
- A good navigator that rides off the beaten path to the rally.
- A good storyteller with photo and/or video skills being part of the picture.
- An adventuresome rider through the wilds of the Appalachians along your way to Asheville.
- A decent rider on the track, someone who doesn't put their feet down.
June 16 - Meet up in GA, TN or VA
June 17 - Ride and camp
June 18 - Meet up in WNC
June 19 - enter the BMW RA rally and set up camp
June 20 - Training, Easy or Hard Day Rides, Track Practice
June 20 - Training, Women-only Ride, Track Competition
June 21 - Open track
The pre-rally GS Gypsy Tour is do-it-yourself. You get four full days of Biltmore Estate wonderfulness as part of your rally fee.
Register on the BMW RA registration page
. Be sure to sent me a PM or email
with your contact info
Go on Facebook, join the GS Giants group
If you'd like to join the GS Giants club
, do it! We have a ton of fun.
Once you're registered, liked, grouped and joined you'll begin receiving more information as the event nears.
Of course, none of this happens without volunteers, and volunteering is a big part of the fun.
- good with a spreadsheet, and a good nose for BS.
- collect riders’ pics, vids and proof points. You'll need a laptop, we have the hard drive.
Track setup and management
- good with hand tools and picking up bikes?
- you need a good eye, and a hydration pack.
- are you interested in giving one at either rally?
Many volunteers come from the ranks of the GS Giants
, a virtual club that formed at previous events and is growing like a, well, Giant!
Got questions? I am full of answers... well, full of something.
Hope you can make it. You can stay informed here, or visit www.advRAid.com