View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #7891
Shov3BR
Tinkerer

Oddometer: 270
HDB Dash Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally_West View Post
I like that dash/bar setup...looks pretty clean.

Thanks. It's mostly Highway Dirt Bikes with a bunch of home brew stuff.

• One of our TAPP Panel Mount USB sockets on a home brew bracket at the top.
  • 2 Baryl 12VDC panel mount sockets in HDB Powerlet holes. One for tank bag power and the other for heated gloves.
  • Custom circuit board replaces HDB discreet switches and LEDs. I don't have a pic of the actual board but here's the CAD model

Switches run a custom relay board in the glovebox switching power from an Eastern Beaver PC-8 fuse block. The relay board may look like I'm killing ants with a sledgehammer but all those headers and jumpers are fo some selectable control features for future use. I'm thinking of redesigning it to include full size ATO/ATC fuses. I found that there are places where mini-fuses are hard to find, i.e. Russia!

Here's what it looks like installed.

I swapped my locking glovebox for a early-style non-locking type. The locking mechanism took up too much room and made the PC-8 fuses too difficult to remove. No need for a lock. If the bad guys ever got into it they would just be confused. Plus it's covered up with my tank bag.

'11 KTM 990 ADV Dakar, '08 KTM 690 Enduro, '09 H-D Road King, '82 H-D FXRS (Shovelhead)
Shov3BR is offline   Reply With Quote