My brother has his sweet 80 XJ650RJ for sale. I know the bike very well because I did all the wrenching on it over the years, I did the following:
- Tapered steering head bearings
- Dynojet carb jet kit, balanced the carbs with mercury sticks
- KN filter in the stock airbox, some additional "breathing" holes
- Replaced the crappy fuse panel with a newer automotiv blade style fuse panel and all new fuses
- Went through every electrical connection, cleaned all terminals, sealed the back of all connections with silicon caulk
- Krauser Starlet saddlebags with very solid mounts
- Custom made, water-jetted aluminum tail-rack integrated into the the Krauser bag mounts, seat still tips up normally. The pic below shows the bike without the completed rack, we were just finishing it up that night.
- LED rear turn signals
- Rifle handlebar mounted fairing (quite nice really)
- Replaced the plug caps with new NGK caps
- Hagon replacement rear shocks
This is a great bike. Starts easily all the time, warms quickly and runs strong. $1500, in Appleton Wisconsin. 2nd owner and I know the 1st owner.
When life throws you a curve,.....lean into it!
42+ year rider, 22+ year MSF Coach, Street, Dirt, Ice, ride em all!