View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #11393
COXR650L
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,452
$2100

Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
2003 Husqvarna TE610e (Thornton) $2600 on CL but I'll do $2300 for ADVers.

This is one of the rare early era Husky's and very few were imported to the US. The bike is a great dualsport with the 6 speed transmission and fully street legal. The bike has been ridden and shows common scratches, wear, replaced parts, etc but is in decent condition overall. The bike has been very well maintained with frequent oil and air filter changes and the timing chain was replaced around 9000miles. The plan for the bike was to retrofit the suspension and make it into something comparable to an XR650R, but a much better long distance touring DS bike. It includes a Husky TE510 rear shock that was going to be swapped in. 16,xxxkm or 10k miles.

Good:
-Rare 4 gallon OEM tank
-Cannon Race Craft custom .52 fork springs
-Garmin 60 power plug
-12volt power outlet
-Raised Pro-Taper Bars
-Enduro Engineering Hand Guards
-New Chain Sprockets
-Good Tires (T63 Front and Shinko Rear)
-XPC Seat
-Heated Grips
-IMS Pro Series platform pegs
-New battery last year
-FCR Carb conversion (see bellow for additional work that needs to be done....) This was a must to make the bike run correctly with elevation changes
-Original gas tank in like new condition
-Stock parts included

Bad:
-Several scratches, etc
-Foot peg mout broke and was beefed up and re-welded (not really bad but...)
-Subframe cracked and was welded (fine now)
-The FCR required some molding on the inside of the tank for clearance.
-The new FCR slightly changed the angle of the air boot to airbox flange. To correct this some modification of the airbox will be required to lengthen the mounting flange.
-Wheels has several dings
-In full disclosure the air boot did pop off on the recent trip to utah, but I dont think it did any damage. I was in front the whole time so not much dust and I coated the inside of the air box with grease and then took the pavement when I saw the problem, so I dont think any dirt got in
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote