View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 04:30 AM   #38
Jumping Jack Flash
USG Vagabond

Oddometer: 106
Hi,

Another inmate helped my find my new-to-me 1985 XJ700NC. Aside from a pretty good size dent in the tank Jackie (all proper scoots should have a name right?) is in pretty good shape with character to match the present owner.

I treated the XJ to a bit of time in the local shop (TCP Cycles in Chambersburg...highly recommend Tony) as the carbs needed a full yank clean and tweak as well as other minor stuff that a pro can knock out in a morning and I would take weeks to do....and probably poorly!

Fully inspected and purring like a kitten! Even treated to a nice little wind screen. Not too shabby for having been built the year after I graduated high school . A very comfortable riding position and I have already gotten nice comments on the retro style which I think is pretty damn cool.

I didn't realize I could not post an image from work....I will sort that out later on this weekend. I think I am going to run through Gettysburg and on down to Point Of Rocks on Sunday....perhaps that will yield a good photo op.

Cheers

Ted
Jumping Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote