View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 07:23 AM   #4136
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,867
Well, anyway.

I thought I would post a couple more of the grab. For those of you that might be curious. Egg will hang around Decatur, AL for the next week or so. His next resting place will not be Decatur, but it most likely be somewhere in North Alabama.

Bratso and I had been eyeing the NA Tag since it was dropped on the Cherohala. I knew I had Friday off and as the week end approached Bratso was able to get the day off as well. So Thursday night after work we loaded up the Tigger and hit the road. The plan was just to get a head start. I have learned from these tag games that the early bird gets the egg and being the sore loser that I am, I really hate getting bruced. I can sleep when Im dead.

We ended up just the other side of Chattanooga Thursday. So Friday morning we got up and at em. By 8:00am or so we were on the Skyway and it was beautiful as ever.

However as we gained altitude it got a little nastier.

Then we ran into this.

Oh yeah, it appears the washout repairs are coming along nicely.

Anyway, it wasnít long until we arrived at the drop site by around 9:00am or so.

Turned around and headed back to Alabama, took the long way home, about a 400 mile day all together.

I will post more up close pictures of Egg later this week. I will say that it is getting mighty crowded. I know some will whine that they got covered up. But hey, mine from the last time is barely legible. If youíre upset your name canít be seen, then make a grab and engrave it again. As it is, there is no way a future grabber can put their mark on Egg without covering up someone from the past.

Apologies but it is what it is.
Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote