Thread: 2013 bmw f800gt
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #228
CheesyRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krickett View Post
Yes I've had mine since March. Bad weather in MN has only allowed me a few hundred miles on her yet but going on a long trip this weekend. So far I'm impressed with the upgrades over my 07 ST and I'm happy with it.
What dealer did you buy from and were you happy with the experience? Also, If you don't mind sharing, how much did you pay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgeon View Post
I did an hour-and-change test ride the other day on one. I'm 5'9" and found it cramped. But I also have an F800GS and an R1150RT (and a 250 dual-sport), which have tons more legroom, and that probably added to the cramped feeling on the GT. The engine feels 'familiar', yet a bit different than the F800GS. Different gearing, a touch more power. I could not for the life of me get the mirrors adjusted so that I could see directly behind me (as in maybe 25-50 meters back). The bikes behind me were essentially invisible, and I'm definitely not a large person. I'd been considering trading the RT on one, won't be doing that.

The R1200R I also test-rode, on the other hand ...
It's funny you test rode the two motorcycles on the top of my wife's list for her next bike. I know it's somewhat apples to oranges, but what did you like better about the R1200R? We won't be able to test ride for a few weeks.