View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #400
adam_c_eckhardt OP
done with Chemistry!

Oddometer: 5,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by therivermonster View Post
You guys are doing a great job on the project!

I love the house, and these types of projects in general, but it's refreshing to see both you and your wife working side by side on a project like this. It seems to me that this kind of family team work is a rarity in the world these days.

Do you guys ever plan to sell the home, or are you in it for the long haul?

Keep up the hard work. The finish line is just around the corner...
Thanks!

Now that we're in it while it's being finished I spend a lot less time on ADV, so I haven't been updating the thread. Most of the stuff we're doing now doesn't really photograph well anyways. The stuff that will look nice in pictures is still a week or two away- but we're getting there.

I enjoy being married to someone that isn't afraid to jump in and help by taking on projects. Building this house has been stressful on our marriage but we'll come out of it just fine- which is better than a lot of people from what I hear. I DO have ideas for if we ever do this again. We will make a list of projects that we're taking on and split them up. She will be in charge of certain things and I will be in charge of certain things and there will be no collaboration on those things. There are literally thousands of decisions to make and discussing every single one is really draining and stressful. It's gotten to the point where I tell her that I don't care what color she wants to paint the kitchen- just pick a color and let's move on. That may sound harsh, but I think it's a pretty reasonable way to handle it next time. If it's important to me I'll take charge, if it's important to her she can.

We're planning on being in the house for at least 10 years. Long term we'd like to move back to Montana, but that's probably not going to happen until retirement, if we ever get there at all.

Gimme another week or two to get more pictures up. The kitchen should be completely done by then, along with the master bath, etc.
adam_c_eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote