View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 02:38 AM   #46
gwfer
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Crash Feedback

I got this lid about 2 weeks ago, having read this thread from start to finish, I can agree with just about everything stated thus far, including the comments abouts fcmoto. Suffice to say I am very happy with the helmet and indebted to your reviews & subsequent comments.

I do have one bit of info to add that I feel duty bound to pass on to you, as u have given your time so freely in providing such useful information to me.

3 nights ago I was coming home from work when a twat headed car driver turned across my path without warning, I caught the front corner of his car with my knee and launched off the bike landing, as much as I can remember, on my right shoulder, giving my head a bit of a knock in the process. I was doing approx 55kph (or 30mph in your money) at time of impact, so could've been a lot worse & all things considered both myself and the bike escaped pretty well.

The interesting thing is that I took the internal liner of the helmet out yesterday to check for damage and discovered that the internal polystyrene structure is completely broken right across the width of the helmet behind the cavity for the internal sun visor.

I have mixed emotions, on one hand I feel like I dodged a bullet, did I take a bigger hit than I realized, and this thing saved my life? Or, are these helmets compromised by the internal sun visor, and had I or any of you taken a big hit it just won't cut it when the chips are down.

In the short period I had this helmet I was really enjoying it, I had planned to buy another one when twat head's insurance pays out, but now I am unsure. Perhaps this sheds some light on why Nolan xlite haven't got this model DOT approved?

Food for thought for us all. I welcome your comments

Keep adventuring.
gwfer is offline   Reply With Quote