View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 01:52 AM   #17410
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy52219 View Post
This weekend I took my Tiger into the dealer for the turn signal recall. While waiting I took their Explorer demo (non-XC) for a nice long demo ride. Beautiful bike...I was worried it might give me an itch to trade in. Before I post any observations, curious how many others have had an opportunity to compare the two. I know some have traded up to the Explorer, any others who have riden both? Reactions?
I've ridden the Explorer. IMO it's a good bike with great power. Handles and steers well. The standard screen works better than their taller one.
Whilst it can do dirt roads quite well, it is, however, just too heavy to do any half serious trails riding. I think in any sort of nadgery and/or rocky terrain it'll be taking plenty of naps. A bit like the big BMWs do. The trouble with the Explorer compared to the Boxer twins is that it'll lay down all the way, rather than being propped up by cylinders poking out the side. Then you've got 270+ Kgs to pick up from a horizontal position.
I would imagine, if you want a bike for two-up touring that can do rough roads it's one of the best tools on the market.