View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #8
SocalRob OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
At T4 you can see MotoGP riders practice starts at the end of the practice sessions. Edwards always gets the crowd riled up so its fun. The grandstands between 4 and 5 also allow you to see the riders crest Turn 1 and (depending on where you sit) all of Turn 2.

I've had grandstand seats and while it can be a good place to kill some time, I always end up watching the races from some part of the hill. Laguna offers a lot of good viewing areas. The closest you can get to the bikes are is the outside (vendor area) of the entry to Turn 5. Really cool to see them use the curb on the exit curbing of Turn 4 as a berm and rip down the short "straight" never fully upright before braking HARD for Turn 5. Spectacular to watch. Also the exit of Turn 5 is a good place to see how much traction control they are using. You can see the delay between the rider's wrist turning the engine coming on.

I always get the paddock pass because I geek out on getting a glimpse of the MotoGP riders and the AMA teams' paddock. Some people think its a waste.

Wear comfortable shoes, dress in layers, bring earplugs and be sure to walk everywhere you can around the track to take in the whole experience.
You sold me on turn 4 if I get the grandstand pass. Might just do GA with Paddock Pass.

'07 White (the coolest color) GSA rider
'13 Husky Strada & '14 KTM 690 Enduro
SocalRob is offline   Reply With Quote