View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 05:30 AM   #4009
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
Anybody who got this tank, do yourself a favor and before you start the install get a 90 1/8 NPT to 6mm hose barb elbow (usually a couple of bucks on Ebay).

This goes in the right side rear vent hole so that you have the line pointing straight to the front and not up into the seat so that it has to make a sharp bend.

You can add it later but then you'll have to take off the rear subframe support brace again.
Awesome, thanks Lukas! I will stop by the hardware store on my way home from work Thursday and see if I can find one before I finish the install.

Got the tank on last night but nothing else. Have a gap between the battery box mount and the subframe tank. About a quarter of an inch. Not sure if that is normal or not. Stopped there for the night.

On a side. Got the trail tech map switch installed in about a minute in a half. Can definitely tell a difference. Bike still feels and sounds restricted from mid to high. Modified stock exhaust doesn't seem to be cutting it. A FMF can may be on order soon.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote