View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #37
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
Yes, indeed.

How do you know what would happen if you jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge...unless you did it?

How would you know what would happen if you tried to run your scoot on diesel fuel...unless you tried it?

How would you know what would happen if you went down on the road without ATGATT...unless you tried it?

How would you know you weren't a really-better rider...after you drank a fifth of Jack?

How does anyone know ANYTHING?
Dude, you need to come up with senerio that are not idiotic to test your theories.

Quote:
And...if it's unsafe for some on-road riders, it's unsafe for all. Because we all have to deal with the same traffic; the same roads; the same conditions.
Wrong, unsafe for some does not mean unsafe for all.

You and I, we do not deal with the same traffic.

You and I do not ride the same roads.

You and I do not ride in the same conditions.

Quote:
If a sharp turn is going to put me on the edge of the tire; and have that edge roll, deform the tire, and/or skid from the teeny-tiny contact patch...it's going to do it for you as well.

You may never plan that sudden swerve. But when some idiot runs a stop sign with a trailer...and you can't stop...all you can do is steer around him...AND YOU CANNOT because you wanted to save a few bucks...that's when your scooter becomes one with his drawbar, your jewels one with the handlebar, and you become a grease spot on the far side of the pavement.

Because you "never needed" that ability. Like I needed it...yup, it happened to me.
Rider response has more effects on the outcome of adverse riding conditions than difference in equipment or tires. A capable rider can maneuver through the exact same turn under similar conditions, regardless of what tire the vehicle has mounted.
If you have a hard time with tires that are mounted on your vehicle and keep loosing control of your vehicle because of it; then you are a lousy rider who can not adapt to different tires.

Practice in an empty parking lot for a few hours and take few hundred figure-8's to get yourself familiar with the tire's limitation might be easy enough to improve your skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortexau View Post
I NEVER have inflated any tyre 60 psi HIGHER than recommended limits during installation. That's just simply playing smart, and by the rules.

100 psi is equal to 6.5 atm --
A astronaut can survive zero Atmospheric pressure (complete depressurization) for about 9-10 seconds. A change of six and one half that much? That's TOO much.
THE BODY AT VACUUM
Why are you inflating tires to 60 psi in the first place?

Are you drawing analogy between the durability of car tire vs human body in vacuum??

Cat0020 screwed with this post 06-25-2013 at 09:57 AM
Cat0020 is offline   Reply With Quote