View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #7
Forty Years Ago
I'm not an alcoholic.

Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn Man View Post
Okay I have been fighting back pain consistently for a year or so now. I went the route of a bone cracker thinking they could help ... Nope, didn't work. Finally after doing a three day trip down Skyline Drive and the BRP I could hardly walk. Made myself an appointment to the orthopedic spine doctor and did test. Well, I have a stress fracture that when I bend over spreads to 10mm, according to X-rays.

Anyone experience this problem? Recovery time ? Is my dual sport riding coming to an end?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Last July, in a crash I have no memory of, I
a thoracic vertebrae and a lumbar vertebrae. I was in a neck brace for the upper vertebrae for six weeks and and a torso brace for the lumbar vertebrae for ten weeks i also broke my right hip and destroyed the ring finger on my left hand. I was in the hospital for 1 month. I have no one depending on me for financial support but my daughter who is financially independent has asked me not to ride again and I will probably accept her advice.

I do not currently have the strength to ride again, but when I do it will be really tough not to. Ride Safe.

Semper Fi 1963 - 1969. A/1/11, B/1/14
Forty Years Ago is offline   Reply With Quote