View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #549
Luke OP
GPoET&P

Oddometer: 3,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
How many parts came from the kitchen?

None, actually. The headlight shroud was once a tail rack for another bike.

Hells Canyon went really well. Mortimercicle, Loud Al and I rode out on Thursday. There were a couple of days of riding around, and then a ride back on Sunday. A bit over 1000 miles total, and everything basically went well. There are about half a dozen little projects that I want to do to the bike. The total work of the projects will be pretty major, but they're all independant so I can do one at a time and keep riding. Things like making a good muffler, fixing the aux fuel setup, getting the carburetion right.

I have no pictures of the ride out and back, but here are some from the rides there.

This is a trip out to Dug Bar. It's a rough gravel road that goes from Imnaha down to the Snake River.

This is the second time I've towed someone with this bike. The loose rocky uphills and tight switchbacks made things interesting. Fortunately the hard stuff was over pretty quickly, because it was tiring,

The search party:

Saturday's trip was to Hat Point Lookout.

The Snake River is over a mile below.

ADVers took over the parking lot.

There was a 4x4 trail that I couldn't resist, but it made me miss the group picture back at camp, and almost miss dinner. Most of it was pretty easy, but there was a section with some nice climbs and descents.

Luke is offline   Reply With Quote