If someone has a better place to put this, lemme know.
So my water pump started leaking out of the weep hole.
With all the research I could find, most people either had it fixed under warranty or chose not to do anything till it got worse.
I couldn't find any info on how to fix this so I decided to try myself.
I always start with a before photo for reference.
I started by taking off the hoses,
I then removed the 5 bolts. Keep in mind, the top bolt between the ABS lines is the bleeder.
Here is the cover removed.
I had to take out the top line to be able to manouvre the pump cover out of the way.
I don't have many special BMW tools... so I had to improvise using these plyers,
With very little force, the impeller was removed.
Now the hard part. I don't have a puller so I had to find a nut to thread on to the WP.
I didn't have any to fit but come to find out, the nuts holding on the bash plate will screw on perfectly.
Not sure of the size.
I didn't want the WP to come out too fast so I screwed in the one bolt half way to stop it.
I then used vice grips with a fan belt and a large hammer to yank the pump out.
I know it's ghetto but whatyagonndo?
There was bit of "goop" holding in my WP, YMMV.
My WP had a line of black rubber so a bit scotch pad removed the remnants.
New parts at 2 bux a pair.
(I bought 4)
Quite a bit of difference between the 2. Hard and stiff/soft and squishy
I also replaced the WP gasket as the original was squished and I didn't think the used one would hold very well.
I used a bit of gasket goop to seal the WP back into position and a little bit of oil on the new rubber seals.
One hard part was lining up the teeth when you go to insert the pump.
It took a few tries.
I put everything back together in reverse order and bled the system from directions I found here,
Thanks to Joel and a few others for making this easier.