View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 06:15 AM   #83
H14 OP
I Gotta Go!

Oddometer: 3,961
Thursday night we had the campground to ourselves, when we came back from riding Friday the campground had filled up quite a bit. Next door to us a family had set all there stuff up. Mom, dad, three kids, and a dog that barked at everything that moved. The kids were just kids, not really out of control just a little loud. At first it was starting to get on my nerves but as I looked around their campsite and saw the tents, chairs, toys, pets, mom and dad hustling around trying to cook supper and keep an eye on the kids and telling a dog to shut up I thought to myself, crap that was us just a few short years ago. Watching that scene unfold I wondered if these parents as harried as they were at this point could even imagine looking back in a few years and wishing they could have made time stand still at this point.

Our night ends with the sound of a little boy giggling to no end, it was so sweet we couldn't help but giggle ourselves. Such a great moment of pure happiness mixed with a bit of sadness as it brings back to mind a time in our lives where the giggles of little kids was an everyday part of life. As iDave would say you have to live in the moment, and right now sitting by the fire with the one that helped create all those great memories is right where I want to be.

H14 screwed with this post 07-01-2013 at 06:21 AM
H14 is offline   Reply With Quote