View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #84
H14 OP
I Gotta Go!

Oddometer: 4,274
We're up early Saturday morning and need to get rolling since we have three days to get home and we're taking the long way to get there. Sure is hard to get motivated knowing this marks the point where the trip is winding down and we'll soon be home. We pack as quietly as we can since the neighbors are still asleep. We owe it to them to be courteous this morning since they were lights out and all quiet by nine last night. We say goodby to Somes Harbor and begin a long twisty ride to Wilmington, VT.

We rode over the Penobscot Narrow Bridge. Next time we'll stop here and spend more time at the bridge and Ft. Knox.

As the day goes on we can tell by temperature we are definately heading south and away from the coast. These people have the right idea, enjoying a warm June day on the Saco river.

I sure am going to miss the blue water of the northeast.

Once we got into New Hampshire we had to ride Hurricane Mountain Road. It was suggested by many people before we left and it did not disapoint. It would have been a lot more fun with less weight on the bike and without all the oncoming Harleys that seem to like the center of the road. We came down the other side of Hurricane Mountain Road and dropped into Conway. That's when we realized why we were seeing so many Harleys, it was bike week in Laconia. Apparently they had a real good turn out this year. We got into Wilmington late, checked into our room, ate dinner and split an $8.50 sliver of Key Lime pie. Here's me reliving how big that lobster was I had last night.

Tomorrow NY, NJ, and stay in PA where we honeymooned 25 years earlier.
2012 Riding the Continental Divide
H14 is offline   Reply With Quote