View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 05:28 AM   #8174
liferider
Never It's enough

Oddometer: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyxl View Post
Ok so here I am at Nordkapp paying the admission fee and saying thanks to the guy at the cash desk, turning the key, ignition on, starting the bike and hearing only annoying clicks (similar to ones when you have a flat battery).
Smiling when doing few kicks with kick starter and telling the guy at the cash desk that it's the northernmost point of Europe where I could breakdown
So here is the thing: all fuses are ok; battery was changed before the trip; used couple of times heated grips and charged a bit an ipad mini just when it happened; both plus and minus connectors doesn't seem loose (been there - done that)...
I'm in the middle of the trip, next is Russia and then Finland...
Any ideas, gurus?;)
I'm no expert, but:
- assuming the heated grips are off for sure when the bike is off, is there anything else connected that can be consuming the batt while not riding?
- does the batt recover when you ride for a while? I would check this without connecting anything to the bike, in order to clear the way to the origin of the problem.
- most of all, assuming the batt is ok (new) can be not charging while riding; do you have access to a place where you can get the bike's batt charging capacity meassured?

Keep us posted!

liferider is offline   Reply With Quote