View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #8714
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGeek94 View Post
I had an interesting issue pop up on my 600. I used the Garmin provided screen protector, and didn't quite get the lower left corner seated well. With the extreme heat we've been having lately, the unit would read a touch on the X when navigating and drop me from the map screen back to the main screen. I will be changing the protector, but I just now fired it up to check the FW version, and it won't respond at all...
Is the screen protector off now?

Have you tried a Master Reset ?

There are a few instances in which it will be necessary to perform a master reset on the Montana, including the following:

Not receiving a satellite signal
Restoring the factory default settings
Not functioning properly
Performing a master reset can cause data loss. To back up user data* utilize the FAQ “How do I back up user data from my outdoor GPS with a USB interface?". If removing user data is desired to eliminate corrupt data or free up additional space, reference the FAQ “Why does my Garmin outdoor or fitness GPS still show my GPS data after a master reset?”.

To perform the master reset:

Power Montana off
Press and hold finger on upper left side of display (be done in portrait or landscape mode)
Power on device
Continue holding until the Do you really want to erase all user data? message appears
Release finger from upper left side of display
Touch Erase
Allow device up to 20 minutes to acquire satellite data with a clear view of sky
The Montana is now reset and ready for use.

*User data consists of waypoints, routes, tracks, and geocaches
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote