Thread: DR350 Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 05:26 AM   #16522
Greg Bender
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilliamshs View Post
Does the DR faithful have a preferred clutch/brake lever replacement? I've searched and found EMGO, Motion Pro, MSR, Moose, blah blah etc. Forged, cast, snapback, with molded in grips, black, polished...long lists. I'm looking for a simple lever that fits correctly, feels okay, and that will neither break the bank nor the first time I dump the bike. I have sturdy handguards and ride cautiously but hope to only buy new levers once. I have broken (but usable) stockers for spares. Also I've seen some curled up ends, wassup wif dat?
I purchase the OEM Suzuki levers. They are not much more than the aftermarket units and I know they will fit and function perfectly. I've not had to replace the clutch perch nor the front brake master cylinder perch, only levers. With handguards, I've fallen a bunch of times with zero damage to the levers. All the same, I do carry a spare of each in my tool roll.

FYI, I purchase almost all my OEM parts from RockyMountainATVMC. I have also used other providers with great success. There is only one place I have used with which I will no longer conduct a simple business transaction: http://www.partzilla.com/

Regards,

Gregory Bender
Greg Bender is offline   Reply With Quote