View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #5107
cabin_dweller
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Custom Seat

Well, I had to give it a try. My 2010 stock seat is just too soft for a week long ride. I felt like if I just added a piece of plywood up under me it would be more tolerable then that sinking and stuck feeling of the stocker. So I took matters into my own hands. I removed the seat and then the seat cover to reveal the soft foam. I then bought a foam sleeping pad from Wally and proceeded to cut it into shapes that match the seat. I then reassemble the seat with two layers of the new foam added to it (lift kit) and put it back on the bike. I have not tried it out yet, but initial impression is much better on the butt and a little taller. I will be taking it out for a week long ride with my wife next week and I will try to remember to give my ride report.

To all of you curious folks, I am only 5'9" tall with a 32" pant size and I don't much care for touching the ground when I am on my bike, so I side saddle it if I have too at the light. I swear, some of you spend too much time on your feet.
cabin_dweller is offline   Reply With Quote