View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #20061
Proud Highway
one hand waving free

Oddometer: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcus View Post
Hmmm... Surprised we didn't see you. Or maybe we did. I seem to remember a TW in Monticello. Walrus n I camped on the beach at Mexican Hat on Tuesday nite the 25th after blasting down from SLC. We hit Mtclo on the nite of 26. Really enjoyed that section ( at least "I" did). With the heat going up fast we avoided Lockhart & did the LaSal loop. We bailed out at Wellington with the rain in the mountains.
You definitely get points for the TW effort.

We never ventured though Monticello proper, we stayed at the campground at the base of the Abajo Mtns and rode the La Sal route for section 2. We decided not to risk getting pinned down in Lockhart with 105*+ heat and skipped most of Sec 3 for the same reason. Last week's temps made riding some of the lower elevation areas risky; worth it for Monument Valley, Valley of the Gods and Moab, less so for the ride b/w Dewey Bridge and Wellington. Next time I'll go when the temps are more mild.

I only had 150 miles on the TW when I started and I didn't know what to expect. The bike has no bad manners and was really easy to ride for this trip. I'd take it again.

Proud Highway is offline   Reply With Quote