View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #983
btao
Pwned

Oddometer: 969
Sand 2 vs. Defender GTX Pantalones

Hey Zillionaires!

I'm back and forth now on the Rev'it Defender and Sand 2 pants, and would love it if you could take a sec and run down the value vs. performance difference between these two products!

I have the Sand 2 jacket in a medium as I'm 5'10" 160lbs, and the jacket fits perfectly. I took competitors pants off the table since I'd really like them to zip together, and I love the Rev'it! stuff. The latest gen has the perfect slightly edgy style of many an Adventurer. Straight and narrow from the front, and slightly off their kilter from the side...

(my opinion on the collar topic is "you're doing it wrong." The Sand 2 has the cool sliding snap for the collar. Pin the inner flap open, and slide the snap to it's largest setting and it holds the top of the jacket/collar open so air goes down my back. Sweet.)

Back to the topic:

The Defender is 2X the price of the Sand 2, and while they both look good, have lots of features, is the bad-ass-ness of the Defender really worth it? I ride 3 seasons. I want something for everything, like the jacket. In my head, if the Defender had a GTX shell with all waterproof zippers and vents, then it would be worth the extra quid. The GTX over the Sand liner is really only going to be ahead on lengthy, hot, full rainy days, so isn't really a big whoop IMO.

Thanks!

BTAO
btao is offline   Reply With Quote