View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #8198
clintnz
Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer: 3,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by bj4x4 View Post
Hi,
So im thinking about getting a 04 ktm 640 enduro that has 55648k's (34578mi). He's asking $5500aud for it, Is he dreaming or does it sound about right? Also it comes with a 27lt safari tank along with the 18lt and 12lt factory tanks and has the seat to suit them tanks.
Cheers,
Matt
Dunno what's a good price where you are but that sounds a bit steep unless in real good nick. Mind you, 3x tanks is nice. At that mileage I would immediately do the cam & follower bearings, water pump rebuild, new starter clutch, service forks & shock & linkage bearings & check & clean the carb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSeason View Post
30 minutes after this photo was taken I went around a corner to fast and slammed the bike into a small grass hill. After the crash I got back on her, started her up, and drove off, the bike felt a little weird but I thought maybe that was just adrenaline, nothing looked seriously damaged except for some scratches and a dangling turn signal. Then I began to notice that there was a small knock of my forks when I tapped the front brakes, and it slowly began to change the way the bike handled as well. I looked in my manual and it said to tighten the steering bearings, but when I jacked the bike up the play wasn't coming from the steering head but from where the inner and outer sheath of the suspension forks met, where the dust seals are located.
Check your fork alignment in the triple clamps, could just be a bit twisted up. Support the bike, loosen all the fork pinch bolts, give everything a wiggle, they should settle back to paralell, check with a couple of straight edges across top & bottom. Usually they crash pretty well.

Cheers
Clint

The wilderness, the desert - why are they not crowded
.................................................. .....with pilgrims?
clintnz is online now   Reply With Quote