View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #127
PJveetwin
LD-Ordie

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyLion
Whats the matter? Couldn't afford chrome? Damn Dude, did you have to steal Ray Charles glasses to ride that thing on a sunny day?
Too funny!! Actually the bike is basically all original including the sheet metal. The history of the bike is, 6 FLHís with sequential engine numbers were ordered for the Riverside police department thru Skip Fordice HD of Riverside CA. in 1969. for the purpose of being used for their drill team. They came with every factory accessory available in 1970 except a side hack. Thru the 70ís they were used in every major event and parade including the Rose parade. In 1979, they were auctioned off. I have been the 4th owner for over 14 years. I t has had a full mechanical restoration by myself with the best of everything being used while doing my best to keep an original look. The bike was ridden daily for many years and has been take cross country numerous times. Presently itís capable of going anywhere but is really only ridden when I get the notion. For sure, Itís one of those things I plan on dying with.

Jim

Member of "Team Pterodactyl"
Combat Touring!!

05-FJR 1300
05-650 Dakar
03-1150 GS Sport
70-FLH Shovelhead
50-FL Panhead
76- Bultaco 370 Pursang
98-Yamaha TW200
84-Yamaha TT-600
56-650 Triumph T-120, needs work......