View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
GrizGirl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post
And if only that guy had gotten away from the line before the bike came up.....
He's actually standing above a large, wet log that has been put into the road below this very slippery off camber section and is, I believe, ready to spot the section where people tend to get hung up. As usual, the video doesn't do this section justice showing its difficulty - there is a creek and the rocks slope off the 4x4 road at nearly a 45 degree angle. There really isn't a good line through the rocks. I think between our two groups (I was in a second group that went through here) we had 9 or 10 people, including some amazing riders, and only a couple cleared this obstacle.

As for crashing, I don't think putting a hand out is necessarily gender related. I know plenty of men who have broken hands, arms, shoulders, and collarbones because they try to catch themselves when they fall. I think it has more to do with sports and activities when younger. I played competitive soccer and raced mountain bikes and when I fall I tuck everything in and try to land flat without any body parts sticking out. Landing on a forearm or fist can easily get something broken if you fall the wrong way or too far.

I'm just glad she's ok and amazed that she rode those miles and miles of rocks and steepness with an injured wrist after seeing stars! It was hard enough without any injuries!
GrizGirl is offline   Reply With Quote