View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #861
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Yup. Just be aware that when lifting the bag by the D-rings, you are relying on quick-release clips to support the weight. And, as the name suggests, these are not intended to be load-bearing...
That's probably true. Here is how I do it.

Handle on the side, in the center. run loops underneath Kriega compression straps, through D rings, through second set of D rings, attached to the compression straps on the other side. This way the whole bag holes the weight.

Tip if your Kriega bag uses the alloy hooks. Cut the stitching on two of them from teh ends to open em up to allow them to slide out of the plastic buckles. Slide them out and put them back upside down. The reason for this is that all 4 alloy hooks point in the same direction. I never liked that, I wanted the open end of the hooks to be pointing rearward of the bike. Just in case the straps loosen up the hooks wouldn't slide off the other loop in the wind.

So when switching two hooks and using them with the handle make sure the hooks face away from one another. Just in case you overload the bag and the add a handle pulls the hook still stays attached to the bag.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote