View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #94
I Am Murphy OP
Vagabond Sportster

Oddometer: 111
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhicheverAnyWayCan View Post
Not a bad idea wrapping wires with heat wrap.. The fairing, is it something you can strap on to the fork tube? I think I read that this fairing from Canada company is what you can use to strap on to fork tube? And can you please take pic of the front of your sportster?

I am just getting ready to powder coat my parts and rims but unfortunately it has been raining non-stop for past 3 weeks here in NC, which is not normal. Waiting for next window of opportunity to open up before I can do that. I'm powder coating metals outside using old swing frame with steel rod sitting on hooks so that's why..
The installation of the fairing was slightly more complicated than just strapping on; it required some minor drilling/tapping, and I used zip ties to overcome a mounting issue at the very end, but all in all I think it was the easiest plug and play fairing you'll find - plus the guy who makes them and ships them is available by phone and is very helpful and friendly. I think his name is Ian.
...as for photos, there is an index on the first page if this blog, there you can see the exact page on which I laid out most of the installation, and I think I have a picture of the front end on maybe page 4.
Thanks for checking it out! How'd the powder coating go, or have you gotten to it yet?
I Am Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote