Amazing bike...go ride it.
There do seem to be a couple,of minor things on the first gen 1200.
- the rear brake sucks, get used to it
- the rider mode stuff really works. But set you suspension sag before playing with it too much.
- wind noise can be problematic for some. changing windshields, wearing earplugs, and using a high quality helmet can help
- low rpm engine surging can be cured with an aftermarket pipe and retune.
- sport mode is hazardous to your license
- they do fine on gravel roads. You can lower the tire pressure or switch over to TKC 80 tires.
- your friends will think you are crazy to spend that much on a bike and claim that repair/service costs could make a dent in the national debt.
- they are all secretly envious
-2013 Multistrada 1200 S Granturismo
-2003 R1150RT - gone but not forgotten
-1987 Honda XL600R - gone
To paraphrase Antoine de St-Exupery
I ride because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things.