View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 12:30 AM   #35
Just Dan OP
Bugger, Burnt toast

Oddometer: 1,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentRogers View Post
So my Ace arrived today, i've spent the last couple of hours assembling it. Still need to charge the battery, buy some oil for it and bleed the brake.

Found this last night: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150891831...84.m1438.l2649

$90 for 20% increase in displacement? Made for CG125 clones.
Great news your bike has arrived. Was it damaged in transit ? All the ones that came south had various fork lift tines through the boxes.

The battery does not need charging. Just tip the acid into the battery. Prick a small hole in the top of the plastic container to make the acid flow a lot faster. Pull the brake pads out and give them a sand and clean up. Else you will not have any brakes. Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambo View Post
TR,

Maybe this will help.

http://tboltusa.com/store/lifan-125cc-enginebrsale-price-p-1811.html

Looks to be 54 x 54 bore/stroke

Plus it may be a good deal @ ~$300 usd shipping included (in the US).

Good Luck.
CG engines are upright and pit bikes are laid forward..

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaGeek View Post
I'd make extra certain it's for the short stroke Loncin, as there are CG125 clone engines with much longer stroke and quite possibly different wrist-pin diameters.
I reckon you maybe right. I would not be surprised if there many different details between the clones. Might try asking on the Skyteam Ace face book page.

The update from me.

I rode the ACE to work and back today. WOW what a difference between a stocker and my one. I am still using stock gearing. Easily cruises on the 80- 90 kph (50- 55 mph). Others say the top speed is 110- 120 kph ( 70- 75 mph) with the mods I have. Not sure I want go that fast on some thing so tiny. Flys up long hills. Still dies on really steep hills.

Every bike rider at lights, wants to know some thing about the bike.
Old bikers don't get old by accident.
Just Dan is offline   Reply With Quote