View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 11:41 PM   #7
IanJ
Criminal Mastermind

Oddometer: 27
I'm just about to head out to pick up my bike from Martin in Ireland -- so far, everything's gone well. I did the math, and found that by far the cheapest option was to buy a bike there. Even if I drop my 2002 SV650 (just over US$2500 on DoneDeal) in a ditch on the way to the airport (which I won't), I'll still be thousands of dollars ahead of renting for the 6 weeks I'll be there. syaufu, I dunno where you did your shipping from, but the absolute cheapest option I found (for which I believed the price) was about US$1500 each way via Canada Air, if I trucked it from Seattle to Vancouver myself. Shipping from the west coast of the US simply didn't seem to be a viable option.

Martin is working up an actual business there in Cork doing this, and I think he's going to be pretty successful at it. It's a great idea, and as more people do it and tell us about it, I figure it'll take off for him.

I don't expect to have a lot of internet access while I'm there, but Ill certainly make the occasional update.
1973 Honda CL175 (the little bike) - for sale $1k
PM for details on for-sale bikes
IanJ is offline   Reply With Quote